Throughout the pandemic, we have followed the guidance of our national, state, and local health experts to provide a safe environment for our members and staff. With that being said, we are thrilled to update you on some exciting changes to our facility following Governor Murphy's latest Executive Order No. 242, issued during Monday's press conference.
The following updates will take effect Friday, May 28th, 2021 upon opening at 6:00 AM:
- Temperature checks will no longer be conducted upon entry into the facility
- Masks will no longer be required at the Greater Morristown YMCA for fully vaccinated individuals (staff and members)*
- The six-foot social distancing requirement will be lifted
- Showers and locker rooms are now available to ALL members
- Vending machines and water fountains will be reopened
- The steam room and saunas will re-open
- Reservations for the Naismith Basketball League and Pickleball will no longer be required effective Fri., May 28th
- Reservations for fitness classes will no longer be required effective Sun., June 6th
- Reservations for lap swimming / solo aquatic classes will no longer be required effective Thurs., June 10th
*We will rely on our members to accurately and truthfully follow the guidelines based on their vaccination status. Vaccinated members and staff are of course free to continue wearing face coverings if they choose to do so. We will continue to have wipes / sanitizing stations available throughout the facility. Please stay tuned for more updates including the addition of new classes and the reopening of our babysitting service. Thank you for your continued support and understanding!