SWIM AT THE GREATER MORRISTOWN YMCA
Teaching people to swim is a priority at the Y. We offer swim lessons for all levels beginning at 6 months through adult. Learn to swim - it's a critical life skill.
07.15.20 UPDATE: GREAT NEWS, OUR POOL IS OPEN FOR LAP SWIM - BY RESERVATION ONLY! REGISTRATION FOR THE WEEK STARTING 08.03.20 IS OPEN - CLICK ON "HERE" TO REGISTER.
Great news!! We just received the green light from the Health Department to open our pool. We will be offering 6 slots each hour from 9am-2pm, Monday through Friday. Registration is first come, first served basis. You can only register one time per day. Registration closes at 8pm the day prior. Slots are available from 9am-1pm, the YMCA will close at 1:45pm.
Click here to register for slots for the week starting 08.03.20. Questions can be sent to email@example.com. E-mails are checked periodically. We appreciate it if you let us know if you are not able to make any of the times you signed up for. Please be aware: due to inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control, your session may be cancelled.
In order to participate in lap swim, you must have an ACTIVE membership. Please make sure you only register ONE time. Multiple form submissions will limit others from being able to swim. In order to be sure there is enough space for all, members will only be able to sign up for one time slot per day. Please allow time ahead of your appointment for screening and any necessary paperwork. Please keep in mind, members will not be allowed into the building more than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment.
As you can expect, there are strict rules and social distancing guidelines that must be adhered to:
1. You must bring your own workout equipment. Equipment is not to be shared.
2. Lap swim is for members aged 16 and up - no exceptions will be made. This time is for lap swim only. No other activities will be permitted.
3. Members will be subjected to a wellness screening & waiver upon arrival.
4. Face masks that cover your mouth and nose are required to enter the building. Masks can be removed in the designated area. Masks are not to be worn while swimming. When swimmers have completed their swim, they will need to put their mask back on when they retrieve their belongings.
5. Locker room access is restricted. Only the Boys and Girls locker rooms will be available for membership. Members will be able to use the shower and restroom facilities in the locker room, however the use of the area where lockers are located will be prohibited. We encourage you shower at home.
6. Swim times are as scheduled. No extra time will be given.
7. Once your swim time is done, please dry off and leave the pool area as quickly as possible. The pool area will need to be cleaned prior to allowing the next group in. Prolonged wait times to clear the pool area may result in the reduction of swim times and/or time slots in order to be able to effectively clean between groups.
We appreciate your support and understanding.
Each member who wishes to participate in lap swim must sign a waiver. You will only be required to sign the waiver once and we will keep it on file. A parent/guardian is required to complete the waiver if their child is not 18 years of age (lap swim is open to those 16+). Prior to each lap swim session, you will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire which will be administered by a YMCA team member.
In the interest of time, please feel free to print and complete your waiver. Otherwise, we have copies available at the YMCA.