OUR POOL IS OPEN FOR LAP SWIM & SOLO WATER FITNESS - FOR GREATER MORRISTOWN YMCA MEMBERS ONLY.
Monday, November 30th, 2020
GREAT NEWS! We are thrilled to announce that we are in the process of switching to a new database system! This transition will not only help streamline our membership process but it will also allow you all to sign up for lap swim reservations on our website in a new way.
Registration will change to this new format for swim times beginning 12/7. Registration for the week of 12/7 on this new system is now open. In order to register for lap swim/solo water fitness, you will all need to set up your account in this new system. Starting today, please stop by the Member Services Desk so we can assist in setting your new account up. Our operating hours are:
Monday & Wednesdays: 7:00am-8:00pm
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6:00am-8:00pm
We recommend stopping by the Member Services Desk either prior to your swim reservation or after. You will still need to complete our health screening questionnaire. Registration is currently live for swim times for next Monday, December 7th so please come on in! While we continue our final transition to our new system, please use this link to register or you can click here: https://morristown.recliquecore.com/
We thank you in advance for your patience and support as we transition to our new system.
LAP SWIM RESERVATIONS
Lap swim is a designated time for swimming continuous laps or sets. Equipment such as kickboards, pull buoys, fins, and fitness snorkels are permitted, but members must bring their own equipment. Pool noodles or face masks (SCUBA or snorkel masks) that cover the nose are not permitted.
UPDATE: 11.02.20: STARTING 11.07.20, LAP SWIM WILL NOW BE AVAILABLE ON SATURDAY MORNINGS FROM 8:00AM-12:00PM.
NEW! SOLO WATER FITNESS RESERVATIONS
Work out at your own pace is dedicated to members who want to perform aerobic exercises in the water. Participants must be prepared to work out by themselves; no instructor will be available. All participants must bring their own equipment. Water shoes are strongly recommended.
PLEASE NOTE: REGISTRATION FOR MONDAY LAP SWIM & SOLO WATER FITNESS CLOSES AT 1:00PM ON THE FRIDAY BEFORE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT. ALL OTHER RESERVATIONS CLOSE AT NOON THE DAY BEFORE THE SCHEDULED APPOINTMENT.
Swimmers & Solo Water Fitness participants who are more than 10 minutes late to their swim time may forfeit their space. Swimmers/solo water fitness participants who call ahead if they are running late will not be penalized. Please notify email@example.com or call the YMCA during operating hours for cancellations.
Swimmers & Solo Water Fitness participants who do not show up to their slot without providing notice will be barred from signing up for one (1) week.
Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware, due to inclement weather or circumstances beyond our control, your session may be cancelled. In order to participate in lap swim or solo water fitness, you must have an ACTIVE membership. Please make sure to only register ONE time. Multiple form submissions will limit others from being able to swim. In order to be sure there is enough space for all, members will only be able to sign up for one time slot per day. Please allow time ahead of your appointment for screening and any necessary paperwork. Please keep in mind, members will not be allowed into the building more than 10 minutes prior to the scheduled appointment. As you can expect, there are strict rules and social distancing guidelines that must be adhered to.
1. Members must abide by all posted rules and signs in addition to the policies outlined below.
2. You must bring your own workout equipment. Equipment is not to be shared.
3. All activities at this time are for members aged 16 and up - no exceptions will be made. Only the designated activity (Lap or Solo Water Fitness)
4. Members will be subjected to a wellness screening & waiver upon arrival.
5. Face Masks that cover your mouth and nose are required to enter the building. Masks can be removed in the designated area. Masks are not to be worn while swimming. When swimmers have completed their swim, they will need to put their mask back on when they retrieve their belongings/enter the locker room.
6. Locker Room access is restricted. Members will be permitted to use the Men's and Women's locker rooms. Use of daily lockers is prohibited. Members are permitted to use their individual kit lockers. Members will be asked to place their belongings in the pool area in the space designated by the aquatics staff.
7. Swim times are as scheduled. No extra time will be given.
8.Once your swim time is done, please dry off and leave the pool area as quickly as possible. All swimmers are to exit through the locker rooms and leave the facility through the front doors. The pool area will need to be cleaned prior to allowing the next group in. Prolonged wait times to clear the pool area/locker room may result in the reduction of swim times and/or time slots in order to be able to effectively clean between groups.
9. Please maintain social distancing in the pool area. The pool deck will be one way during your visit to help facilitate social distancing.
We appreciate your support and understanding.
Each member who wishes to participate in lap swim must sign a waiver. You will only be required to sign the waiver once and we will keep it on file. A parent/guardian is required to complete the waiver if their child is not 18 years of age (lap swim is open to those 16+). Prior to each lap swim session, you will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire which will be administered by a YMCA team member.
In the interest of time, please feel free to print and complete your waiver. Otherwise, we have copies available at the YMCA.
Absolutely NO swimming when a lifeguard is not present (this includes the steam room and the whirlpool). If you enter the water when there isn't a lifeguard, your membership will be revoked.
1. Any person showing evidence of any communicable skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges, or any other communicable disease shall be denied admission.
2. Any person with excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts or bandages shall be denied admission.
3. Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven days.
4. All children in diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands. Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water. Swimming diapers must also be worn.
5. Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any “accidents” you observe in the bathing waters to a lifeguard.
6. No animals, except for service animals shall be allowed in the swimming pool, hot tub, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure.
7. Glass containers or food (including gum chewing) are not permitted on the pool deck.
8. All persons shall shower before entering the pool, whirlpool and steam room.
9. Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of others shall be prohibited.
10. Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the water.
11. The indoor pool, whirlpool and steam room will be closed for lightning that is determined to be directly overhead. The supervisor in charge will make the determination and clear the pool, whirlpool and steam room accordingly. Pool activities will be resumed 30 minutes after the last observed lightning or thunder.
12. Proper swim attire must be worn at all times. (this includes the whirlpool and steam room)
13. Children under 12 must have a parent/guardian present in the pool area. Children under the age of 10 must have a parent or guardian in the water. Lap swim is for patrons aged 16 and older.
14. No horseplay, spitting or nose blowing in the pool.
15. No flips, back dives or backward jumping into the pool.
16. Diving is only allowed in water depths of 10 feet or deeper. Diving Blocks are for instructional use only.
17. Strollers are not permitted on the pool deck.
18. Inflatable personal flotation devices are not permitted.
It's always so nice to receive positive feedback and support from our members! Here's a recent testimonial from one of our swimmers.
"I've been meaning to send this email since July, but it just never happened. I have been swimming at the pool pretty much since the pool has reopened. I just wanted to send an email thanking the YMCA staff and especially the YMCA pool staff. Besides going back to my teaching position two weeks ago and an occasional grocery store run, I really haven't been going many places during the pandemic. I was hesitant at first to go back to the pool - not because of any negative experiences in the past, just an abundance of caution. However, my fears were immediately quelled once I saw all of the rules, procedures, and safety precautions that have been put in place. It is clear that the staff has worked very hard to ensure all guests are as safe as possible. This has continued through the reopening of other facilities in the building.Thanks for making me feel safe during this challenging time and allowing me to do something I love on a regular basis: swim."