OUR POOL IS OPEN - FOR GREATER MORRISTOWN YMCA MEMBERS ONLY.
WHIRLPOOL & STEAM ROOM
Our whirlpool and steam room are reserved for members 24 years and older to enjoy. These facilities have the same hours as our pool but can differ from our operating hours. Please check our schedule to make sure the aquatics area is open prior to visiting.
FAMILY OPEN SWIM
Family recreational swim is reserved for families with children under the age of 16 who wish to have some fun in the water. Children under the age of 12 must have a parent present on the pool deck. Children under the age of 10 must have a parent within arm's reach of them in the water. Members are encouraged to bring their own play equipment. Small pool toys and noodles are permitted. No inflatable toys/floatation devices or face masks (SCUBA or snorkel masks) that cover the nose will be permitted.
Lap swim is designated for members aged 16 and older to swim continuous laps or sets. Equipment such as kickboards, pull buoys, fins, and fitness snorkels are permitted; members are encouraged to bring their own equipment. Pool noodles or face masks (SCUBA or snorkel masks) that cover the nose are not permitted.
SHALLOW WATER AEROBICS
Water Fitness Classes are designed for members who want to perform aerobic, strength, and toning exercises in the water in a class setting. These classes are led by a member of our teaching staff. Equipment will be provided but you may choose to bring your own. Water shoes are strongly encouraged for shallow-water activities.
SOLO WATER FITNESS
Work out at your own pace is dedicated to members who want to perform aerobic exercises in the water. Participants must be prepared to work out by themselves; no instructor will be available. All participants must bring their own equipment. Water shoes are strongly encouraged.
This program uses vigorous movements in deep water, guaranteed to give you a great workout with low impact. Participants must be able to swim and feel comfortable in deep water. Aqua belts are required and provided.
Each member who wishes to participate in lap swim must sign a waiver. You will only be required to sign the waiver once and we will keep it on file. A parent/guardian is required to complete the waiver if their child is not 18 years of age (lap swim is open to those 16+). Prior to each lap swim session, you will be required to complete a health screening questionnaire which will be administered by a YMCA team member.
In the interest of time, please feel free to print and complete your waiver. Otherwise, we have copies available at the YMCA.
Absolutely NO swimming when a lifeguard is not present (this includes the steam room and the whirlpool). If you enter the water when there isn't a lifeguard, your membership will be revoked.
1. Any person showing evidence of any communicable skin disease, sore or inflamed eyes, cold, nasal or ear discharges, or any other communicable disease shall be denied admission.
2. Any person with excessive sunburn, open blisters, cuts or bandages shall be denied admission.
3. Do not enter the water if you are experiencing or recovering from diarrhea or have had any signs or symptoms of a gastrointestinal (stomach) disease in the past seven days.
4. All children in diapers must wear plastic pants with snug fitting elastic waist and leg bands. Do not wash out soiled diapers in the bathing water. Swimming diapers must also be worn.
5. Children should be encouraged to use the restroom before entering the water. Immediately report any “accidents” you observe in the bathing waters to a lifeguard.
6. No animals, except for service animals shall be allowed in the swimming pool, hot tub, dressing rooms, or other parts of the enclosure.
7. Glass containers or food (including gum chewing) are not permitted on the pool deck.
8. All persons shall shower before entering the pool, whirlpool and steam room.
9. Conduct which endangers the safety and comfort of others shall be prohibited.
10. Persons suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol shall be prohibited from entering the water.
11. The indoor pool, whirlpool and steam room will be closed for lightning that is determined to be directly overhead. The supervisor in charge will make the determination and clear the pool, whirlpool and steam room accordingly. Pool activities will be resumed 30 minutes after the last observed lightning or thunder.
12. Proper swim attire must be worn at all times. (this includes the whirlpool and steam room)
13. Children under 12 must have a parent/guardian present in the pool area. Children under the age of 10 must have a parent or guardian in the water. Lap swim is for patrons aged 16 and older.
14. No horseplay, spitting or nose blowing in the pool.
15. No flips, back dives or backward jumping into the pool.
16. Diving is only allowed in water depths of 10 feet or deeper. Diving Blocks are for instructional use only.
17. Strollers are not permitted on the pool deck.
18. Inflatable personal flotation devices are not permitted.
It's always so nice to receive positive feedback and support from our members! Here's a recent testimonial from one of our swimmers.
"I've been meaning to send this email since July, but it just never happened. I have been swimming at the pool pretty much since the pool has reopened. I just wanted to send an email thanking the YMCA staff and especially the YMCA pool staff. Besides going back to my teaching position two weeks ago and an occasional grocery store run, I really haven't been going many places during the pandemic. I was hesitant at first to go back to the pool - not because of any negative experiences in the past, just an abundance of caution. However, my fears were immediately quelled once I saw all of the rules, procedures, and safety precautions that have been put in place. It is clear that the staff has worked very hard to ensure all guests are as safe as possible. This has continued through the reopening of other facilities in the building.Thanks for making me feel safe during this challenging time and allowing me to do something I love on a regular basis: swim."