THE GREATER MORRISTOWN YMCA IS LOOKING FOR BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL CARE COUNSELORS!
The Greater Morristown YMCA, Inc., is a non-profit 501c(3) organization based in Cedar Knolls, NJ, dedicated to serving the Greater Morristown community. Founded in 1874 in the Christian traditions of honesty, respect, caring, and service to others, the Greater Morristown YMCA seeks to enhance the character and quality of life for all people in the community by providing activities to enrich their spiritual, mental, and physical well-being.
Under the supervision of the Site supervisor, the Y Kids Counselor is responsible for providing direct leadership to groups of children in various formats and activities. This includes organizing and
motivating the children during their time at the Before or After care program and maintaining a safe environment. In this role you will work with children through the ages of 6 and 12 years old (depending on school). You will supervise and assist/lead physical activities. Must adhere to the Office of Licensing rules and the Y’s four core values at all times (caring, honesty, respect and responsibility).
1. Provide direct leadership and supervision of the children in the program.
2. Set the tone and provide guidance to all participants.
3. Project a positive and enthusiastic image on the job at all times.
4. Cultivate strong working relationships with staff, children, their parents and school personnel.
5. Effectively cooperate in the administration of all camp policies and programs.
6. Act as chaperone for children on camp trips.
7. Attend all required staff meetings and take all mandatory trainings
8. Ensure that equipment is properly used and well taken care of.
1. Must be 18 years or older (limited availability for 17-18 year olds.)
2. Must have the ability to provide physical support/assistance to children in all activities (this may mean the ability to support 30 lbs during activities.
Please print and fill out the employment application that can be found HERE. The application can then be dropped off at the Membership Services Desk, or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need assistance with any part of the application process, please email, email@example.com.