With the growing concerns surrounding COVID-19 (coronavirus), we would like to assure you that we are doing our best to help combat the spread of this virus. As you know, the New Jersey Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are closely monitoring the outbreak of this respiratory disease. Person-to-person spread of the virus is thought to occur primarily via respiratory droplets from coughs and sneezes from an infected person.
How Can I Protect Myself?
The CDC recommends:
- Frequent hand-washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, dispose of the tissue and immediately wash your hands
- If a tissue isn't readily available, use the inside of your elbow
- Frequently disinfect touched objects and surfaces (remember your cellphone!)
- Stay home if you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick
Click here for more information from the CDC
What Measures is the Y Taking?
- We have added hand sanitizer dispensers throughout our facilities
- Our cleaning crew and staff are taking extra precautions to wipe down machines, light switches, doorknobs, handles, etc.
- At our YMCA, it is expected that members wipe down equipment with provided disinfectant before and after every use. This applies to treadmills, ellipticals, free weights, mats, etc.
Let's work together to ensure everyone remains healthy!
-The Greater Morristown YMCA