INFORMATION AND POLICIES
The Greater Morristown YMCA has these policies in place for the benefit, safety and welfare of our members, guests and organization. All policies are approved by The Greater Morristown YMCA Board of Directors and are strictly enforced. Failure to comply may result in termination of membership.
Lap Swim is available to children 16 years and older. Open Swim is available to all ages with the following requirements:
• 10 years and under, and any non-swimmers, must be supervised by an Adult in the water
• 11 & 12 year olds must be supervised by an Adult in the pool area
11 years and under must be supervised by an Adult
Available to everyone 12 years and older
Available to everyone 16 years and older. Some classes are designated for 13 years and older and will be noted on the class schedules
Main Wellness/Fitness Room: Available to everyone12 years and older
Circuit Room: Available to everyone12 years and older and for 7-11 year olds when supervised by an Adult
Men's and Women's Locker Rooms are available for those 23 years and older
Boy's and Girl's Locker Rooms are available from infants to 22 years of age and Adults who are assisting a child of the same sex
Family Locker Room is co-ed and available to all ages. It is recommended for Adults assisting children of the opposite sex and for those needing additional assistance
Children ages 8 weeks to 8 years on weekday mornings
Children ages 8 weeks to 10 years on evenings and weekends
YMCA membership and programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Loaning a membership card subjects the owner to loss of membership. The YMCA reserves the right to close areas of the building in order to upgrade and maintain facilities and equipment to better serve the needs of all our members. No refunds or credits will be issued for membership or programming cancelled due to these closures. Membership is not refunded or extended if the building is closed due to circumstances beyond our control.
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel a class and to make schedule changes when necessary. We reserve the right to cancel a class if a minimum number of participants has not been reached. It is only under these circumstances that a refund or credit will be issued for a paid class. Credits will expire one year from issue.
Please note that memberships sets to expire during a program session must be renewed before class registration occurs. Membership must be current for duration of class. MEDICAL EXTENSIONS APPLY ONLY TO SINGLE MEMBERSHIPS, NOT FAMILY MEMBERSHIPS.
Monthly Payment Plan Cancellations, use the MPP Termination Form (link below)
Cell Phone Usage
Due to the advances in cell phone and video/picture technology and for the privacy of our members and guests: Cell phones, laptops and tablets are only permitted in designated areas of the Y facility. Cell phone and/or camera use in locker room areas and bathrooms is strictly prohibited.
You will be required to present your member identification card and scan it each time you visit the Y. Download our mobile app if you carry your phone with you more than your card.
The YMCA reserves the right to cancel a class and to make schedule changes when necessary. We reserve the right to cancel a class if a minimum number of participants has not been reach. It is only under these circumstances that a refund or credit will be issued for a paid class. We will issue a partial credit if you request to withdraw from a paid class by the end of the second week of class. Credits will expire one year from issue.
Code of Conduct
The YMCA is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all of our members and guests. To ensure safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times while they are in our facility or while they participate in YMCA programs.
We expect persons using the YMCA to behave in a mature and responsible way and to respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or action that can hurt or frighten another person or falls below a generally accepted standard of contact. Specifically, this includes but is not limited to:
- Angry, offensive or vulgar language, including swearing, name calling, shouting and instigating others
- Physical contact with another person in any angry or threatening way
- Any demonstration of sexual activity or sexual contact with another person
- Harassment or intimidation by: words, gestures, body language, or any other menacing behavior
- Behavior which intents to or results in the theft or destruction of property
- Carrying or concealing any weapons or devices which may be used as weapons
- The sale, possession, distribution, or use of any illegal substance (including alcohol) by an individual on YMCA property is prohibited and will constitute grounds for immediate termination and possible prosecution
- Conducting business except YMCA approved business, for personal gain on YMCA property
- Cell phone use is COMPLETELY PROHIBITED in locker rooms. All other locations are limited to audio or video playback, or reading applications, except for in designated areas (hallways and the lobby)
- The use of audio, camera and video recording devices is prohibited
- Allowing or assisting unauthorized persons access to the facility is prohibited
- Disregard of posted rules or direction given by YMCA staff or authorized personnel
- Be mindful of personal hygiene. We reserve the right to ask a member to leave the facility if they exhibit an offensive odor
- Towels must be used in the sauna
Members are encouraged to be responsible for their personal conduct and safety and to ask any person whose behavior threatens their personal comfort to refrain. Staff are trained and expected to respond to any reported violation of our Code of Conduct. Please do not hesitate to notify a staff person if you need assistance. We want to help.
The YMCA Management will investigate all reported incidents. Suspension or termination of YMCA Membership privileges may result from any violation of the Code of Conduct without warning or refund.
We offer Corporate Memberships. Please contact Connie Zambri, Membership Director at (973) 267-0704.
Disabled Veterans Discount
We offer 10% off for our disabled Veterans. Please provide documentation.
All Y members and guests should dress appropriately at all times while in the facility. Athletic shoes must be worn in the gymnasium, Fitness Center and Circuit Room. Proper swim attire is necessary for pool, jacuzzi/whirlpool, and sauna use. All clothing must be clean. Clothing with vulgar language or graphics is not tolerated.
Equipment Check Out
Pickleball equipment is available to borrow. Please inquire at the Front Desk.
All guests must present a photo ID and be accompanied by a current YMCA member. Members can bring one (1) guest per visit for a fee of $15 for adults (23+), $10 for young adults (19-22), $8 for teens (13-18), $10 for seniors (65+), and $6 for youth (up to 12); Active Military $6.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday: 5:00am - 9:45pm
Saturday: 7:00am - 8:00pm
Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Desk Hours: Effective October 1, 2017
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 9:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday: 8:30am - 4:30pm
Items for Purchase
Towels, goggles, t-shirts, etc. are available for purchase at the Front Desk for a nominal fee. Inventory is limited.
We have five locker rooms spanning various ages at The Greater Morristown YMCA to fit your needs. Lockers are available free of charge every day, however, you must bring your own lock. You must clear out your belongings every night or they will be removed and discarded. We also have lockers available for rent should you wish to keep your belongings here (for adult only locker rooms). Please inquire with the Front Desk for more information.
• Family: co-ed and available to all ages. It is recommended for Adults assisting children of the opposite sex and those needing additional assistance.
• Girls: available for infants to 22 years of age and adults who are assisting a child of the same sex.
• Boys: available for infants to 22 years of age and adults who are assisting a child of the same sex.
• Women's: available to members who are 23 years and older
• Men's: available to members who are 23 years and older
Long lockers are available complementary for daily use, however, you must supply your own lock. The Greater Morristown YMCA is not liable for any articles damaged, lost or stolen. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
Please locate a Staff Member immediately if someone requires assistance. Please check with the Front Desk to ensure your Emergency Contact Information in your membership profile is current.
Your membership card must be presented at the Member Service Desk for entry.
Membership Referral Program
Refer a friend to the Greater Morristown YMCA and when he/she joins you will receive a FREE one-month extension to your membership. Your friend will receive a $25 credit, good towards his/her next renewal. Referrals are only valid for new incoming members and the one month extension bonus is only valid on quarterly and annual memberships. Not valid for Youth or Teen Memberships, MPP, Summer Membership specials, or Group or Corporate rates.
Military Outreach Program
The Greater Morristown YMCA is proud to offer Y memberships to those serving our country in the United States Military and their families.
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
• Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
• Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
• Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
• The service member is on active duty
• The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders – NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors)
• The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near the family)
• Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
• Contact Military OneSource at www.militaryonesource.com (http:www.militaryonesource.com/) or 800-342-9647 to confirm your eligibility and receive an eligibility form.
• Fill out and bring your eligibility form, Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the front desk. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
The Greater Morristown YMCA, in keeping with its mission to help all people realize their fullest potential, encourages and supports the participation of all in YMCA programs. We serve all children, families and adults, regardless of gender, race, color, nationality, religion, ethnicity, disability or language.
Please take special care in locking up all personal belongings in both the locker rooms and in your vehicle. The Greater Morristown YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Check with the Front Desk for items of value in the event that the item has been found and turned in.
Questions or Concerns
Please feel free to stop by the Front Desk or call us at (973) 267-0704 with any questions or concerns. Our friendly staff would be happy to assist you.
Effective August 1, 2017, we will honor other Y cards with an AWAY sticker. Please call (973) 267-0704 for more details. Visit http://www.njymca.org/main/membership-reciprocity/ for more details.
YMCA membership and programs are non-refundable and non-transferable. Medical extensions apply to single memberships only (NOT FAMILIES). Please note that memberships set to expire during a program session must be renewed before class registration may occur. Membership must be current for duration of class.
Returning Member Amnesty
Show proof you were once a member here and we'll waive the joiner's fee! Proof includes: still in database (1.5 years inactive retention), Morris Center/Greater Morristown YMCA ID card or copy of bill.
The Y reserves the right to suspend membership privileges (without refund or warning) of:
- Members who aid the unauthorized entrance of a non-member
- Members who become physically or verbally abusive or offensive to other members, guests or staff
- Members who disregard posted rules and regulations
- Member allowing another person to use their membership card
- Violation of our Code of Conduct (available online or at Membership Services)
- Members whose needs we cannot serve
Please note: Memberships and programs are not transferable or refundable.
Weather Related Closings
Call us at (973) 267-0704 for weather related delayed openings, early closings or full day closings. Please note that if there are widespread power outages it may be impossible to update the website or phone. To receive push notifications directly to your phone, please download our free app. Alerts will also be posted on our website.
The Y Advantage
The YMCA offers premier health club facilities without the premium price tag. No other facility in the area has the extent of services that we have. Our specialized fitness and aquatics instructors are all certified in their area of teaching expertise.
Youth Membership Policy
All children 11 and under must be supervised at all times by a member 18 or older. If the child holds a membership and an adult supervisor does not, that person must pay a guest fee.